Preventative Care for Men
Knowing for sure is always better than assuming. ICPR Family Practice provides specialized men’s checkups and age-appropriate screenings that can detect serious illnesses in their early stages, making them easier to treat. From blood pressure to cancer screenings, these tests can improve your overall health and quality of life by shedding a light on potential problems and offering peace of mind for the future. Specialized men’s services available at ICPR include the following:
- Blood pressure screenings.
- Colorectal exams — We partner with local endoscopy centers to schedule outpatient colonoscopy procedures, which detect precancerous polyps and lesions in the colon and rectum before they develop into more serious conditions.
- Diabetes screenings — Our providers can measure the amount of glucose in the patient’s blood with a simple blood draw.
- Electrocardiograms (EKG) — This painless, non-invasive procedure records the electrical signals from the heart to screen for various cardiovascular conditions such as irregular heartbeats or blocked or narrowed arteries.
- Physical exams — Our physicians provide routine physicals to measure height and weight, check vitals, review medical history, and discuss ongoing medical concerns or questions.
- PSA blood tests — This blood test measures the prostate-specific antigen (PSA) level in a patient’s blood, helping determine their risk for prostate cancer.
- Testosterone screenings — ICPR can conduct a blood draw to determine a patient’s testosterone level and possibly prescribe hormone treatment.